Thursday 24 October 2013

Oh Yeah, Wait A Minute Mister Postman!

Hello there!

I wasn't actually planning on writing a post today, but after coming home from work and receiving my W7 order from nailpolishdirect i literally couldn't wait to swatch some! Unfortunately since i got home pretty late the pictures aren't fantastic quality but i've tried to get the colours as close to real life as possible.

Here are my little beauties! They only cost £1.99 each, with free delivery when you spend over £10. They also have an option to like a page on facebook to get £1 off your order.. so i brought 6 bottles for just £11 :)


On with the swatches!

First up is Lava Flow which is a gorgeous indie style polish. The base is a grey/violet colour with plenty of red and black glitter. It's a brilliant formula, it only took two coats to become opaque and the glitter spreads really evenly. It's completely different to any polish in my collection and i'm in love with it! I get complete indie jealously as i'm a bit of a bargain buyer so can't afford the indie brands, so this beauty can be my substitute!





Secondly we have Pink Suede. I already own W7's blue suede which i love, but this colour trumps it by far! I'm usually not one for pinks, but this is such a gorgeous deep pink i just love it. Again this was opaque in two coats. I added a top coat to see what it would look like without the matt finish and it looked nice, but i definitely prefer the matt look. The only niggle i have with this polish is the application. You have to be quiiiick. If you take your time it drags, a lot. So as long as you don't have too much on the brush and don't take too long there shouldn't be any issues. Trust me though, it's worth the tricky application.


 



Next up is Space Debris. This polish is probably the epitome of pretty. It's a stunning light red/coral colour with some pinky undertones. And it is full of multi colour glitter. It took two coats for an opaque finish but i think i'd go for three if i was going to keep the manicure for a few days. I can definitely see myself wearing this colour in the summer! (Note: they appear a lot lighter in photographs)





Lastly we have a swatch of Gold Dazzle. I applied this as two accent nails as i didn't want the hassle of taking them off all five fingers! With two coats this gold was pretty much opaque, which i'm in awe over. Most glitters take me about 4/5 coats so i'm so happy with this one. It's also the first gold glitter i've purchased so it's a great first buy! I think if i had the patience to use this as a complete manicure it literally would be dazzling. Heh.

  



I still have two left to try out but i'll be saving them for another day. Hopefully you can get a good idea of how they look despite the poor photo quality! But trust me when i say they are all prettier in real life. Also nailpolishdirect is a brilliant online retailer to buy from, the delivery is always really quick despite being free over £10, it's worth checking out!

Til tomorrow, Becky x

(These products were purchased by me and all opinions/reviews are my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...